I was greatly surprised to discover the other day that the ever so sweet Curves & Curls had nominated me for a Liebster Award!
I hadn't heard of this before, so did some googling and found some more info about it. It is an award that is designed to promote and encourage new bloggers, is given by bloggers to bloggers, answer some different questions about yourself, and pass it on to other newer bloggers!
This is what the super sweet Hayley had to say about me, I like that she thinks I'm kooky!
I'm a huge fan of ASOS Curve. I get so much from them, so regularly! Their stuff tends to fit great, be of good quality, and they have new pieces in every day.
I started my blog last year, because I was discovering that I was feeling more confident in myself, and wanted to explore more different fashions and styles. A few years ago I got out of a rough relationship and found I'd been basically wearing a uniform of black full length leggings, black midi skirts, and a plain top. No jewellery, no accessories, I was just super boring, and that is so not me! So to push myself into more new styles and adventures I thought starting my blog would help, and it really has.
Just be you! When I started I was worried because my style is a little all over the place that people wouldn't read it, and then I figured what the hell, who cares if people read it, I want to feature stuff I like, and maybe help show off some brands or inspire someone else's style in the mean time then awesome!
Wear what makes you feel awesome, whether that's a crazy pair of shoes, a bright lipstick, jazzy accessories or just a slouchy band tee. I realised that what makes me feel my best is knowing I have a full outfit put together, from my makeup through to my feet, and then I can sashay about and feel bad ass and not give a crap about what other people think.
My hobby is a pretty obvious one, it's kind of my 'professional' hobby, my photography. It helps me be creative, and explore emotions, and also meet new wonderful people. I love evenings with Stu just spent chilling out watching Netflix, there is nothing better than being home with someone you love.
- Name a guilty pleasure.
What most people consider guilty pleasures, I really don't! I celebrate the kind of more 'shameful' likes of mine with great glee. I love Dolly Parton, I can't resist belting out to Meat Loaf, I love Star Trek more than there are words, and I embrace it all.
Pizza! I love a good pizza with garlic sauce.
I always thought I'd love to be a fashion photographer full time. Making sets, planning photoshoots, booking models, making art. That or a fashion designer, I love styling so much, I wish I could make my own clothes and jewellery.
Ooo that is a tough one! Probably ASOS Curve.
Gah, that's an impossible question, I love TV! My all time favourites are Oz, The Shield, House, Orange is the New Black, Sons of Anarchy, South Park and Adventure Time!
Another impossible question! My favourites are probably 'I'm over existing in limbo, I'm over the myths and placebos, I don't really mind if I just fade away, I'm ready to live with my family, I'm ready to die in obscurity, 'Cause I'm so tired that I gotta go' from Zzyzx Road by Stone Sour, and well, anything by Dolly Parton or The Wreckers. I love acoustic and country music. Because I am partially deaf, lyrics are so so important to me.
1. Anna Khrohnistic. I'm a huge fan of Anna's style, she is so genuinely creative and inspiring, and she's an incredible photographer too.
2. Sugar & Vice. I love their designs, and I love seeing what thoughts went into their pieces and what the team love.
3. Mary Burgers. Mary is an adorable plus size babe, who is a total sweetie and I just love her style!
4. Life of a Fat Roller Girl. Shereen found me on facebook, I love her defiant attitude, and that she is a plus size roller derby babe!
My questions for you guys are...
1. What got you into fashion?
2. Who are your fashion inspirations?
3. What is your favourite piece of jewellery or clothing that you own?
4. What would be your dream adventure?
5. What fashion brand would you say is your favourite?
6. Where do you get your body confidence?
7. What is your favourite food?
8. What is your dream fashion piece?
9. What is your favourite animal?
10. What is your favourite movie?
11. What is your favourite song lyric? (loved this question so I pinched it!)